LOCATION: United Kingdom
REPORTS TO: Chief Operating Officer
Since 1997, TGI has empowered sports rights holders to maximize the value of their commercial rights by enabling brands to meaningfully connect with their target audience. From simple to complex, our diversified portfolio of products coupled with best-in-class event operations allows TGI to offer customized solutions to meet each client’s unique needs.
TGI has been a pioneer in the sports industry, continuously evolving and setting the benchmark in event branding, perimeter advertising and other technology solutions for the world’s premier sports organizations. Having recently introduced a new form of virtual advertising, TGI is searching for the right talent to not only manage existing clients and LED operations, but also deliver this innovative technology to the market.
With a large portfolio in the UK market, TGI has already delivered LED advertising solutions for some of the most iconic sporting venues, such as Lord’s Cricket Ground, Trent Bridge, the Oval, Wembley Stadium, Old Trafford, Anfield, Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, Principality Stadium, and many more.
The VP, Operations will serve as a leader of the TGI operations department in the UK reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering on existing contracts by maintaining a strong repour with operations counterparts across our UK portfolio, recruiting and training a robust freelancer pool, as well as budgeting and planning for upcoming projects.
The VP is responsible for continuing TGI’s benchmark setting service to ensure the on-schedule, on-budget delivery of the project to the highest of industry standards. The VP must be highly adept at project management, including financial forecasting/budget management and have exceptional organizational, client servicing and leadership skills. The successful candidate must be a master communicator, managing client relationships, internal and external teams as well as champion inter-continental collaboration and transparency.
· Successfully implement and build on TGI’s existing standard operating procedures, best practices, reporting/documentation and manuals
· Guide and lead the UK operations team with a clear vision and goals
· Promote a collaborative work environment by clearly defining roles and responsibilities and KPIs to deliver digital advertising solutions
· Recruit, train and manage a pool of professional freelance staff
· Create training programs for operational staff (both internal and external freelancer pool) to deliver LED solutions and Parallel Ads® to the highest of industry standards
· Procure a robust network of regional vendor partnerships negotiate contracts and manage partnerships as required to deliver the services
· Continuously review and seek to improve operations to maximize internal and external team performance
· Oversee the day-to-day operations to ensure quality standards and all protocols are met
· Forecast and manage budgets on TGI’s chosen accounting platform
· Drive P&L performance for the organization by increasing utilization of new and existing infrastructure and network
· Provide onsite operations support and conduct site surveys as needed
· Ensure excellent customer service and event delivery to the highest of industry standards
· As this is a new position, other related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· 10+ years of experience in operations delivery of large-scale events in the Sports and Entertainment Industry (A positive if the experience is in a new subsidiary or a rapid-growth environment)
· Technical experience with LED perimeter advertising is extremely beneficial
· An exemplary attention to detail as well as superior organizational skills
· Operational experience with LED and/or virtual advertising in multiple sports (cricket, football, tennis, etc.)
· Bachelor’s degree or higher
· Highly developed leadership skills required
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Ability to problem solve under tight time constraints and pressure
· Well versed in negotiating supplier contracts and managing multiple stakeholders simultaneously
· Able to take multiple international business trips annually all around the world
· Experience with Oracle NetSuite a positive
· Knowledge of customs and import/export laws and regulations
· Must be fluent in both spoken and written English. Knowledge of another language will be an advantage
· A team player
· Service minded
Candidates should submit their CV along with a cover letter explaining how their experience and skillset will enable them to deliver the key tasks and responsibilities of the role. Deadline: December 20th HR@TGI.Sport
Applicants who are not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data collected will be treated strictly confidential and be used for the purpose of recruitment only. All collected information will be kept on our files for 12 months.