LOCATION: Chicago, IL, USA
REPORTS TO: SVP Operations
Since 1997, TGI has empowered sports rights holders to maximize the value of their commercial rights by enabling brands to meaningfully connect with their target audience. From simple to complex, our diversified portfolio of products coupled with best-in-class event operations allows TGI to offer customized solutions to meet each client’s unique needs.
TGI has been a pioneer in the sports industry, continuously evolving and setting the benchmark in event branding, perimeter advertising and other technology solutions for the world’s premier sports organizations. Having recently introduced a new form of virtual advertising, TGI is searching for the right talent to not only manage existing clients and LED operations, but also deliver this innovative technology to the market.
The Sr. Director Design leads the creative department working with designers, project managers and sales teams to deliver creative and creative management for TGI’s clients from static to digital. This is a player-coach role that will guide clients as well as our internal design team through large-scale art projects to prepare sponsor messages and event branding for in-venue display.
The successful candidate will leverage TGI’s proprietary platform and standard operating procedures to deliver flawless design for all projects (internal and external). Superior attention to detail and organizational skills are required to ensure that the quality of the product we process and provide our team meets the highest of industry standards that our partners and clients expect.
This position requires an expert-level knowledge level of the Adobe Creative Cloud tools to design, process and/or produce perimeter advertising animations as well as static pageantry deliverables. This role will also be responsible for leveraging our existing brand guidelines and templates to create professional, commercial presentations, bids, reports, ops documents for this office.
· Plans, organizes and manages all activities of the creative department.
Participates in developing departmentgoals, objectives and processes.
· Leads and directs departmental work intake and guides overall traffic/distribution
of project assignments to artists.
· Effectively communicate with clients and internal staff on the end-to-end artwork
submission and approval process in TGI’s proprietary platform and/or traditional
methods to ensure accuracy and on-time delivery.
· Collaborates with internal colleagues to create branding books, render books, event
summaries and other tools used to assist with the project management.
· Reviews, resizes, creates and/or edits animations and proofs for stadium LED boards
· Closely adheres to the project schedules and deadlines.
· Clearly defines the specifications required for each type of artwork file and presenting
it to the client in a clear and concise Artwork Specification Sheet.
· Manages the creative portion of sales support (pre-sale, sales, and post-event reports),
including archivalmanagement of digital documentation (photos).
· Assists with the creation and management of company communication materials and
presentations formarketing and sales departments .
· Works closely with operations, sales, accounting, and management to complete
projects in a timely and accurate manner.
· Assists with the hiring, training and performance management process for all creative
department employees and freelance labor.
· Develops a network of freelancer designers to help the company scale up for peak
· Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
· 5+ years of experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud, namely Adobe After Effects,
InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
· 4 or more years of supervisory experience in design, production, and motion graphics
· Exemplary attention to detail and organizational skills
· Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize as needed to meet daily, monthly, and annual
· Experience with LED and/or virtual advertising is a positive
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Excellent communication skills
· Must be able to clearly articulate in both spoken and written English
· Service minded individual who can lead as well as be a team player
The candidate is expected to work from the office a minimum of two days a week with the remaining workdays done remotely from a home office free of disturbances. Work location is the downtown Chicago office. Dress code is casual. The Sr. Director, Design works Monday through Friday (8am-5pm), and on occasion may need to work beyond the normal hours to meet project deadlines. Personal time-off (vacations and comp time) should be planned around heavy periods of event activity.
Must be able to perform job duties with or without reasonable accommodation. The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees and is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Candidates should submit their CV along with a cover letter explaining how their experience and skillset will enable them to deliver the key tasks and responsibilities of the role to HR@TGI.Sport
Applicants who are not invited for interviews within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data collected will be treated strictly confidential and be used for the purpose of recruitment only. All collected information will be kept on our files for 12 months.